click here to REGISTER
> The Secrets of Self-Publishing
As the author of one self-published book and later, two internationally published books, Kelley learned the hard way the world of self-publishing. She will share her real life experiences and tell you what others promoting the angle of self-publishing won't and don't, when this method of publishing is best and when to save your time and money.
Participants will learn:
- the basics of "building" your book
- the editing process expanded
- how to find an editor, the types and what they cost
- the proofreading process
- how to find a proofreader and what they cost
- designing your book cover
- laying out your book's content
- finding a printer
- choosing the "guts" of your book - paper, text size, font, etc.
- marketing basics
- your website
- shipping your books
- selling your book
- working with bookstores
- working with online retailers
- working with the press - basics
- your book launch
- traveling to promote your book
- book signings, readings and other promo's
- bulk sales
- foreign rights
- copyright protection
- book testimonials and media reviews
- how to get on the "best sellers lists"
- overview of getting published vs. self-publishing
A couple of Kelley's reviews...