click here to REGISTER
> Finding & Working with a Publisher
Participants will learn:
- how to "find" publishers
- how to best approach a publisher
- working with a literary agent
- submitting your manuscript
- pitching a publisher
- they've said yes...now what?
- the contract
- negotiating your advance
- negotiating your contract
- when you need a lawyer
- what does a publisher pay for?
- what do you need to pay for and do?
- the writing, editing and proof-reading process
- soliciting book testimonials and media reviews
- marketing - your plan
- working with the media
- working with a publicist
- book launches, tours, signings and readings
- case studies
- being published vs. self-publishing
- public speaking - what you need to know as an author
- back of the room sales
- bulk sales
- what your publisher will expect from you
- what you should expect from a publisher
- pitching future book deals
A couple of Kelley's reviews...